Uniseed, UniQuest and Brisbane Angels start-up ProGel has begun test marketing of its patented, low calorie, juice and water probiotic drink (Perkii®) in selected stores in Brisbane and the Gold Coast, including:
- University of Queensland Lolly Shop
- Pando Café – 215 Adelaide St, Brisbane
- Jetts Gym – 356 St Paul’s Terrace, Fortitude Valley
- Night Owl – Yeronga and Forrest Lake
- IGA – St Lucia, Greenslopes & Sanctuary Cove
- Dan & Andy’s Hawthorne Garage
- The Standard Market Company – Southport & James St, New Farm
Based on patented technology developed by Professor Bhesh Bhandari at the University of Queensland, ProGel protects and improves probiotic stability by encapsulating bacteria in microgels. The microgels keep the probiotics alive in drinks and in the acidic stomach, resulting in improved benefits for consumers.
Perkii® comes in a 300 mL bottle in 3 flavours:
- Raspberry & Pomegranate
- Coconut & Lime
- Elderflower & Green Tea
Each bottle contains 1 billion live Lacobacillus casei, a strain with proven health benefits, in a refreshing low calorie drink (26 calories). Perkii® helps consumers control weight, improve gut health and boost immunity by delivering live probiotics in refreshing low calorie drinks.